Download A practical guide for schools and teachers Resource
This resource is for all teachers and coordinators with responsibility for implementing Entitlement Framework arrangements. It follows a sequence from practical preparations through to managing relationships in the classroom, but it’s designed so that you can dip in and out of any part.
Sharing classrooms can be an extremely rewarding experience for both staff and learners. It presents learners with an opportunity to study previously unavailable subjects, meet peers from different backgrounds and cultures, learn first-hand about difference, and through the experience, come to better understand their own identity.
For schools and staff, it’s a chance to enhance and enrich professional practice, share teaching and learning strategies and create a larger pool of resources and support to draw from.
Download the Following Teaching Resources:
- A practical guide for schools and teachers – a 120 page practical guide, compiled by teachers
- Induction activities and Ice-breakers – ideas and practical activities useful in classrooms for initial induction and the maintenance of relationships in shared and collaborative classes
- Lesson Plan – an example of a lesson plan exploring pupils skills and qualities
- Applying SCDL skills and strategies – a series of slides, images and prompts to accompany and support the lesson plan
- Case study – St Paul’s High School Bessbrook by Noella Murray EF coordinator and accredited SCDL teacher – In these notes Noella describes the impact of the support provided by SCDL to St Paul’s High School, Bessbrook, Newtownhamilton High School and St Joseph’s High School, Crossmaglen, as they develop their partnership to create a shared curricular offer, enabling students to access a broader range of subjects at both Key Stage 4 and Post-16
- Case Study – Personal Reflections by Emma O Kane accredited SCDL teacher – In these notes Emma shares her experiences of SCDL support whilst she taught RE and led a cross-community project in Coleraine and then in Maghera