- “Mixed emotions” is a 30 minutes play with live music that explores the issues faced by couples from different religions and cultural traditions. A useful resource for teachers. The discussion at the end has been captured too and is really interesting.
Teacher notes: Notes on Selection of Music For Mixed Emotions
Different activities to be done afterwards: WORKSHOP ACTIVITIES MIXED EMOTIONS
- Commemorating 1916 lessons – Notes of three lessons focusing on the 1916 Easter Rising
- Contracting – Some words and ideas to consider when contracting with a class or group. See page 76 and 77 of the Practical Guide for additional information on how to develop a contract to help create a safe space in which learners will be able to work together and explore/discuss emotive and potentially controversial issues
- Facilitating learning & change in group discussions (source: INFED) – A really helpful paper looking at what facilitation is, offering some useful theory and practice ideas and exploring key issues around the facilitation of group sessions
- Levels of communication phatic and cathartic – A one page outline of basic levels of communication theory
- Mindfulness presentation – A presentation by Elaine Berrena and Mark Greenberg from Pennsylvania State University’s Prevention research centre for the promotion of human development, entitled – ‘Nurturing Teacher Mindfulness to Create a Caring Classroom’ – June 2011
- SCDL history lesson – A PowerPoint presentation for a KS3 (Year 10) History class
- SCDL menu of training – Examples of training provided as part of the Exploring Skills in SCDL Certificate, and the Additional Facilitator Skills Certificate.
Newry and Mourne
- Induction session – Some thoughts and ideas about an Induction session
- Whole school preparation – Some thoughts and ideas about whole school preparation
- Induction activities – A range of activities that could potentially be used within an Induction programme or process
Reflection in relation to learning through SCDL – A reflection from Noella Murray on the value of Induction for students
Service Level Agreement – The Service Level Agreement (2012 – 2013) drawn upbetween St Paul’s High School, Bessbrook, Newtownhamilton High School and St Joseph’s High School, Crossmaglen, pertaining to their Btec Sports Collaboration